Version 2018C released
Changes for this version:
- A dialogue is displayed to confirm generating new Input Manager axis, and the changes update immediately in the editor
- positive/negative control settings for smart controls can now be selected from a pop-up instead of being typed out in the editor
- Changing a control's name in the editor will update any smart controls that reference it
- Virtual inputs now implemented, set with functions SetVirtualAxis(), SetDeltaPreference(), SetVirtualButton(), and/or SetVirtualButtonHeld() in SinputSystems.VirtualInputs
- Addev "virtual1" slot, I might add more virtual slots later once I've figured out how I want them to work
- ResetInputs() can now be used by slot, if you want to have only one device's inputs reset
- fixed issue where a couple of functions may have used the last frame's input data
- CurrentValueIsFramerateIndependent() is now PrefersDeltaUse(). Old function was too unweildly and harder to understand.
- UpdateGamepads() is now CheckGamepads(), so as not to confuse with other update functions
- Tidied up core Sinput class & update loop (moved axis-as-button-state stuff into control updates)
- Added SetInverted() to set whether a smart control (doesn't work with regular controls) is inverted, and GetInverted() too, because you probably wanna know if it's inverted.
- added mouseSensitivity setting
- Added SetScale() and GetScale() so you can set the 'sensitivity' of a smart control by slot (basically this just sets a multiplier)
Virtual inputs are probably the biggest addition here, using them I'm hoping that for the next version I can make some touch-control prefabs you can just drop in and they will work like a virtual gamepad.
Also, whilst I've added inversion and sensitivity/scale stuff, the settings for these are not currently saved/loaded at runtime. (and neither are toggle settings actually). Getting this stuff together is a priority for future versions but just a heads-up if you're using this one, you're gonna want to save any changes you make yourself.
That's all for now, hope you're well!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.