Sophie's Dice v0.4 released
Hey! New Version!
Now you can save roll expressions you make frequently and roll them as easily as any single die :)
Also you can assign sound effects to different faces of your custom dice (only included sound effects for now, sorry! - but I have included A BUNCH)
Also you can play Soffle, or have translucent dice face displays, and enjoy a generally better rolling experience!
Here's the full v0.4 changes:
- Saved roll expressions (listed in hotbar, can be edited just like dice, these are saved to CustomDice folder also)
- Sound effects for die faces can be set and will play when the die settles on that face value.
- die face displays can have custom opacity
- Included “Soffle” dice and roll expression (roll the dice set, try to find words!)
- can disable colouring of roll expression display
- added option to display values of dice pools under expression display
- roll expressions with string face values now display in roll result text
- Can now cancel die editing so changes are not saved
- Options are now saved between sessions
- expression rolls parse division (‘/‘ character) properly
- fixed bug when rolling expression with no dice in it
- deleting dice rolled by an expression removes that pool from the expression
- setting for whether a dice is on the hotbar or not is now actually saved
- Dice are now saved to the same subfolder they are loaded from
- Dice spawned by an expression which drops/disregards them are no longer disregarded after the expression is no longer active
- no more uneditable ‘preset’ dice, only dice from the CustomDice folder will be loaded on win/mac/linux, and default dice will be generated on first run on android (you can delete/edit them if you want)
- dice pools with only 1 die don’t list number of dice in expression display
- dice pools with <1 die are removed from expressions
- d% in expressions will roll as a d100 (unless you have a custom “d%” die)
- pattern explosion now explodes into specified number of dice (default 1) instead of the number of dice in the pattern
- added spaces between expression components & dice pools in roll expression display
- moved toggle for results display to options menu
- improved colour selection controls
- Expressions no longer try to parse string value faces as numbers, even if they are made up of numerical characters
- Expression results now behave as expected when combining string value faces and numerical value faces
- Random Range face values no longer display as “R” until the face value points up, instead a number is generated for each face when the die is spawned.
- Changed UI for toggling dice on hotbar and optimised the change process
- Die properties panel in die edit will now be scrollable if it’s taller than the screen
- Die edit screen now has a layout for portrait screen display
Get Sophie's Dice
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.